D. Gray Man
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D. Gray Man

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

D.Gray Man

Go down 
+2
DGMyaoiFAN
NamelesS
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
NamelesS
Admin
NamelesS

Female Number of posts : 582
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Character sheet
Name: Yoshina Kuchiha
Level: 1

D.Gray Man Empty
PostSubject: D.Gray Man   D.Gray Man Icon_minitimeWed 16 Apr 2008, 11:11

If I didn't make such a topic, what Admin in a DGM RPG site would I be? XD So, go on, discuss the Anime and Manga. Please notify if you're gonna write spoilers, so that the others will know!
Back to top Go down
https://dgrayman.rpg-board.net/profile.forum?mode=editprofile
DGMyaoiFAN
Finder
DGMyaoiFAN

Female Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Character sheet
Name: Osozaki Hana
Level: 2

D.Gray Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.Gray Man   D.Gray Man Icon_minitimeThu 17 Apr 2008, 07:22

Cool! This is a relief. (The RP is so intense.) I actually prefer the manga as opposed to the anime. (Awkward being the first response. o.O)
Back to top Go down
NamelesS
Admin
NamelesS

Character sheet

D.Gray Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.Gray Man   D.Gray Man Icon_minitimeThu 17 Apr 2008, 08:40

Yeah, I prefer the Manga as well... the Anime is too... how can I say it, full of fillers?
Back to top Go down
Erin
Bookman Helper
Erin

Female Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Character sheet
Name: Erin Hall

D.Gray Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.Gray Man   D.Gray Man Icon_minitimeThu 17 Apr 2008, 16:08

Even so, I've watched the anime and I find it really fun~ And the fillers are pretty good. Actually, if you would compare the others animes ((that's not so many... ^__^;Wink) And dgm, I think the dgm anime is really good... Because sometimes it takes some time for me to understand it's a filler! D8 In others animes I like understood it after 3 minutes of that particular episode >_>;

But I suppose I say this because I havn't got so far on the manga XD So I shouldn't be the one talking. But the manga is really good made. It's easy to understand how to draw, and looking at every page you can actually see the care it's drawed in. Gosh, compared to the one I made once, would be to compare a king in a wealthy land to a bug in a sea XD. The one living best is the one drawing best~ x3
Back to top Go down
DGMyaoiFAN
Finder
DGMyaoiFAN

Character sheet

D.Gray Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.Gray Man   D.Gray Man Icon_minitimeSun 20 Apr 2008, 04:51

Yeah, I must admit that the anime in DGM is much more satisfying than that of others, though I would have appreciated if they had not gone so far off track.

Kind of spoiler?:

Lulubell came out so much earlier in the anime than in the manga, so I guess I felt a little uncomfortable with that. Though the filler with the whole Noah family was really entertaining. X3 Either way, the anime isn't bad, but people who want it to stay strictly on the original storyline may definately have a problem with it.
Back to top Go down
NamelesS
Admin
NamelesS

Character sheet

D.Gray Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.Gray Man   D.Gray Man Icon_minitimeSun 20 Apr 2008, 12:21

Yeah, I was completely disappointed when I found out that
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Erin
Bookman Helper
Erin

Character sheet

D.Gray Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.Gray Man   D.Gray Man Icon_minitimeSun 20 Apr 2008, 16:20

I suppose you're right. Sometimes I've actually wondered a bit why the anime didn't take it's own storyline...

Some other animes and mangas have done that (for example, chrono crusade... The anime have ended but the manga havn't ended yet (I think >__>Wink... And I surely HOPE they won't end the same Dx) So the manga and story ends the competely different way. FullMetal Alchemist is also one of those culpits~. XD

...So that Lullubell girl comes later then huh? o-o; before I've just heard rumors that she was just created for that anime, but never exsisted in the manga... But even so, isn't it hard to keep the manga and the anime running in the same story all the time? Well, I mostly say this for Hoshino's defence. Because in manga, you mostly have a decided nubers of pages to fill, right? And therefore it can be easier to make it fit.

But when it comes to the anime, then you both have to follow the original manga, but also can't get further in the storyline either, but at the same time you have to make it in a special amount of minutes each time. Therefore. if you would go straight like the manga goes, then you would probably have to make every episode a chapter long. And just think about that - then the anime could go from 5 to 15 minutes each show! So they have to put in alot of fillers, but at the same time the fillers also must have a connection to the story, and at the same time be interesting enough so the watchers would continue to watch the anime, righto?

And also, it is hard to be a mangaka, because you have alot you must think of all time, all those details and so on... And yeah, just not make any bloopers >_>; And if you also have to think about the anime, it would be "to many balls in the air", a figure of speech I have in my homecountry.

Also, thinking like that, all those fillers in the Naruto anime made me stop watching. What have kept me with dgm is because all episodes is interesting, or most of them.

Waah XD Long post! Sorries~ I just get so carried away when I discuss~ >_<;
Back to top Go down
DGMyaoiFAN
Finder
DGMyaoiFAN

Character sheet

D.Gray Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.Gray Man   D.Gray Man Icon_minitimeSun 20 Apr 2008, 22:51

Actually, that's usually why they have fillers. However, the manga is really far ahead of the anime, but even if they did have that problem, the anime could have just made fillers from the novels or something; they didn't have to involve future major characters. (Fun Fact--Bak was actually from one of the novels first, and Hoshino liked him so much, he was added to the manga. Go Bak's Awesomeness!!)

And the fillers don't always have a connection to the storyline--major reason why I hated the Naruto anime for a long time. (Until it got to Sasuke arc in Shippuden.) It's also no fun when the anime ends before or differently than the manga. Just because it'll end up like these two animes: FMA and Inuyasha. They literally were animes made comepletely of fillers. I could only pray that none of the animes I really like end up like them. (FMA and Inuyasha are good mangas--bad animes.))

Well, I guess really what I want to say is that the animators have no right to add new characters--at least not if they play such a big role. Lulubell's appearance in the manga was much more dramatic than in the anime, just because they waited so long to bring her out. If they want to add 'filler' characters, then that's fine, but they should let Hoshino add characters at her own pace. (Still not even sure if Hoshino's a girl--such a mysterious mangaka.)

Last edited by DGMyaoiFAN on Fri 25 Apr 2008, 08:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Erin
Bookman Helper
Erin

Character sheet

D.Gray Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.Gray Man   D.Gray Man Icon_minitimeThu 24 Apr 2008, 21:55

Huh? Wasn't Bak a planned character? XD I didn't know that! Haha, yeah, he was to awesome to be left out 8D *dances around.*

But is the Manga that far ahed...? Sorry that I don't know XDD I havn't found the time to read the manga Dx. Shame on me. But even so I'm happy the anime and the manga will keep their distance to each other....... I don't want to surevive another 100 filler episodeeees like in Naruto >__>; One more anime and I will cry! XD.

And I like when the anime and manga ends differently... But I suppose we have different opinions, so this will lead nowhere XD. But why I like it is because then you can choose how you want it to end... But everytime it have happened in the anime, I've always got so sad! At least I can now read the manga and just hope it will end in a better way T_T. But I have watched FMA and I don't think it was that bad O_o; But then it can be different if you watched the anime or did read the manga first... But it's always different from person to person~. But I havn't watched Inu yasha... But a friend makes me read it nao xD.

And Whut?! O_o; Was Lullubells appearance even bigger in the manga? Well, then I take back what I said... Yeah, then I do agree with you. Oh well, it will be interesting how they solve it in the anime then >^>;.

And I think Hoshino is a girl XDD I have heard many said "she" to that name, so I suppose so. Gosh, I don't even know her name x'D. I'm so evil! D'x

But If you have read the manga, why is Lavi named Lavi? O-o; Have they said it there yet?
Back to top Go down
DGMyaoiFAN
Finder
DGMyaoiFAN

Character sheet

D.Gray Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.Gray Man   D.Gray Man Icon_minitimeFri 25 Apr 2008, 08:22

Personally, I don't know. I just remember mini-Lavi saying, "Why was this Lavi different from all the others?" or something like that. It may be a name that a Bookman takes on before actually becoming a Bookman. As to why that specific name, I really don't know. (I tend to say that a lot. X3)

As for Lulubell's appearance, I won't give away too much, but I will say this. The reason why her appearance may have been so dramatic is that she kind of set off a whole mini-arc when she appeared. (Also because that was the first new Noah revealed in a long time.) She also made a memorable entrance that was really sudden, so that left an impact.

I guess I don't really mind that the anime ends differently, but I just don't like when it doesn't even follow a specific plot until about halfway. (Or it becomes so confusing that if you miss an episode, you're completely lost.) Also, like you said, the anime endings tend to turn out as a bust for me. They never seem to end the way they should. I don't really mean like a happy ending, since I know of some good anime that have had some sad endings, yet were still extremely enjoyable. The only thing is that some anime, happy endings or not, have too many loose ends. (Inuyasha) Either that, or the endings turn out to be really cheesy.(Black Cat) There's also the anime that has a person working so hard to acquire something, yet they decide to give away the chance at the end for some weird reason. (Kiba) I'm not saying that these anime weren't good, but I still believe they could have worked harder on the finishing, since that's usually what makes the biggest impact, if not always.
Back to top Go down
Erin
Bookman Helper
Erin

Character sheet

D.Gray Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.Gray Man   D.Gray Man Icon_minitimeFri 25 Apr 2008, 15:28

About the Lavi name... I had no idea about that earlier O_o; But I second that sentence, because... Well, bookmans is there to record the history, not to be recorded in history.. and maybe therefore they have to throw away their name? But even so, maybe you just... learns to get used to that by just getting a name...? o_o; Whoah, interesting here...

Oh O_o; Whoah, Lullubell is a staar!~ 8D *dances around!* Whoah, well, then i also second your anger... Gosh, now it sure will be interesting in the anime >___>;;;

Oh, and may I add an anime I surely hated how it ended? Venus versus virus. Seriously. I HATED the end. It wasn't even an end! Like, it just ended before a fight would begin, just like that! I don't even know how much time i spent to find the "last" episode... >_>;. But yeah, I havn't watched any of those animes *hit meself with "shame on you" hammer D:* But I have seen black cat. Gosh... =_=;. But I surely hopes dgm will end alot better... >_>;
Back to top Go down
DGMyaoiFAN
Finder
DGMyaoiFAN

Character sheet

D.Gray Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.Gray Man   D.Gray Man Icon_minitimeSat 26 Apr 2008, 05:57

Yeah. When Bookman introduced himself to Allen, he said that his name wasn't important. I guess since they record the secret part of history, they too must remain secret.

I hope DGM ends better, too. It's never fun to love something for so long, and then have it end badly. I don't want this anime to end like that, since it would be a waste of a perfectly wonderfuly manga and anime.
Back to top Go down
Erin
Bookman Helper
Erin

Character sheet

D.Gray Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.Gray Man   D.Gray Man Icon_minitimeSat 26 Apr 2008, 15:43

Yah D8. If it will end bad I'll... I'll take a hammer and hit everyone that made it like that >__>;

Hey, who's with me? XDD
Back to top Go down
Democrazy
Finder
Democrazy

Male Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Character sheet
Name: Takeshi Kurotsuki

D.Gray Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.Gray Man   D.Gray Man Icon_minitimeSun 27 Apr 2008, 01:22

I was upset when Lavi’s Wood Seal was prematurely revealed in a filler arc. I ceased to watch the anime in favor for the manga. Better surprises.

I do have to say: D.Gray-Man does seem like a mix between Full-Metal Alchemist and Bleach. A bit cliché at times, too…

As for the name Lavi, I think it was derived from Levi, an important figure in Judaism. As for in Christianity, I believe his name is Michael.
Back to top Go down
http://ancientradiance.b1.jcink.com/index.php
DGMyaoiFAN
Finder
DGMyaoiFAN

Character sheet

D.Gray Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.Gray Man   D.Gray Man Icon_minitimeSun 04 May 2008, 09:07

Erin--I think that's illegal. @.@

Personally, I think it's impossible to have an anime that has no cliches. *unable to make the accents...* There are so many different anime floating around, that influence from one of them will always find their way into a new one. Also the fact that there are people having hard times coming up with ideas that haven't been done. However, I do want to know where you see the similarities between FMA, Bleach, and DGM. (I'm not disagreeing, though I am curious.)

Last edited by DGMyaoiFAN on Sun 04 May 2008, 23:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Erin
Bookman Helper
Erin

Character sheet

D.Gray Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.Gray Man   D.Gray Man Icon_minitimeSun 04 May 2008, 16:56

@:DGMyaoiFAN: >A>; Why is it illegal? ... Dx Maaw.

And I'm also curious about the similarites too o-o;

So.. Waah, I don't know what to write here DDX.. How long do you think the manga and episodes will get? o:
Back to top Go down
DGMyaoiFAN
Finder
DGMyaoiFAN

Character sheet

D.Gray Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.Gray Man   D.Gray Man Icon_minitimeSun 04 May 2008, 23:12

I think D.Gray-Man has a long way to go to be over.

Spoiler:

A hope of mine is that the ending won't be rushed, just because they feel that it runs on too long. I can never stand sticking with a manga for so long, just to have the ending turn out unacceptable in giving closure. Has anyone read Hikaru no Go? That is one of my main examples of this situation.
Back to top Go down
Democrazy
Finder
Democrazy

Character sheet

D.Gray Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.Gray Man   D.Gray Man Icon_minitimeMon 05 May 2008, 03:55

Number 1
D.Gray-Man - Exorcists: only peeps who can defeat akuma (demons)
Bleach - Shinigami: only peeps that can defeat Hollows (evil spirits)
FMA - Not really much of a thingy, but I have only seen the State Alchemists successfully defeat the homolocus (spelling may be off). I did not finish the series yet.

Demons and evil spirits are very similar in definition. Can say something similar for homolocus, as they are all named after (and hold the personality of) a vile human emotion (lust, greed, gluttony, etc.)

Number 2
D.Gray-Man - character concept of Allen Walker: weird-looking left arm. Brief Personality: I must save everyone!
FMA - character concept of Eric Elric: robotic right arm. Brief Personality: I cannot let my actions harm others!
Bleach - Brief Personality of Ichigo Kurosaki: I must save those who are dearest to me!

Number 3
D.Gray-Man - we have levels for akuma, from 1 through 4. 4 is über powerful (seen in manga).
Bleach - the levels of Menos Grande (the top Hollows): Gillian, Adjucta, Vasto Lorde (in increasing level of strength). Forgot the exact number, but it is rumored that 5 (ish) Vasto Lordes are enough to destroy Soul Society, the realm of the shinigami.
FMA - the homolocus (spelling may be wrong) are so freakishly powerful that Roy Mustang had trouble fighting one.

There are probably more, but I am just rambling a few examples.

I have not read Hikari no Go. Just a snippet of the first chapter. I thought it was a bit lame and cheesy. The Divine Move (or something)? I thought the author was trying too hard to squeeze something supernatural about a simple territory game.
Back to top Go down
DGMyaoiFAN
Finder
DGMyaoiFAN

Character sheet

D.Gray Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.Gray Man   D.Gray Man Icon_minitimeMon 05 May 2008, 04:39

Aa~~h, don't even remind me of the 'Divine Move'!! You're right about the supernatural thing. Is a ghost from a Go board not supernatural enough? As far as I know, it was never even pulled off in the entire manga!! And that darn Sai not letting Hikaru improve on his own because he's so selfish, then disappearing and worrying Hikaru. Not to mention those two extra chapters that were added so the fans wouldn't be so disappointed at the first cheesy ending, yet they were still a letdown. At least show us if Hikaru beat Akira. I guess it was better than the first ending, though, since it did show Hikaru's astronomical growth.

As for the similarities, I had never really though of it like that. Out of the three, DGM and Bleach have the most in common in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
NamelesS
Admin
NamelesS

Character sheet

D.Gray Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.Gray Man   D.Gray Man Icon_minitimeMon 05 May 2008, 12:39

Guys, guys! Enough with the spam already, this is a DGM discussing thread, if you want to discuss FMA, Bleach, Hikaru no Go and other animes, make a different topic. That's what this category is all about, it's not that I'm the only one allowed to create topics or something, take the initiative.
Back to top Go down
Democrazy
Finder
Democrazy

Character sheet

D.Gray Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.Gray Man   D.Gray Man Icon_minitimeMon 05 May 2008, 21:28

The DGM-Bleach-FMA discussion is related Sad
Back to top Go down
NamelesS
Admin
NamelesS

Character sheet

D.Gray Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.Gray Man   D.Gray Man Icon_minitimeMon 05 May 2008, 21:45

Fine, fine, just don't cry! Laughing
Now, let me contribute to the topic! When it comes to supernatural beings there are some inevitable similarities between all mangas/animes. However DGM is pretty original, if you ask me... The one thing that is common for all series is that there is the whole saving-the-world-thing, but I guess it can't be helped ^^' One thing which is awesome in DGM are the fights! *has nothing else to say and now sitting wondering what to chant about*
Nah, I can't "think up" of anything at the moment; suman *sweatdrop*
Back to top Go down
Democrazy
Finder
Democrazy

Character sheet

D.Gray Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.Gray Man   D.Gray Man Icon_minitimeTue 06 May 2008, 03:38

The concept of DGM being historical fiction is something fresh. I am unaware of any other anime series that took place sometime in real world history (even if if in a fictitious one).

Even at that, DGM strays a bit far from the era in terms of technology. Why is it that we don't have hovering elevators? If they can make platforms go up and down by energy compulsion alone, then they could make hovering vehicles in a similar sense! Not to mention Komui's robots.... AI is too advanced for the time period (although they did pull some laughs).
Back to top Go down
DGMyaoiFAN
Finder
DGMyaoiFAN

Character sheet

D.Gray Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.Gray Man   D.Gray Man Icon_minitimeTue 06 May 2008, 03:58

Well, if they can find material such as Innocence, perhaps they found other artifacts which greatly acted as catalysts in terms of scientific innovations. Komui might have also gotten ideas for the robots from the Earl's skeleton Akuma cores. Then again, I could just be about as close as I would be hitting an ant from 1000 yards. Either way, it does help to have the "Fictional 19th Century" part in the description.

(And is this really the only historical manga/anime you've heard of? o.O)
Back to top Go down
Democrazy
Finder
Democrazy

Character sheet

D.Gray Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.Gray Man   D.Gray Man Icon_minitimeTue 06 May 2008, 17:39

Uhh... yeah. I'm a bit out of the loop. *looks for the loop*