D. Gray Man
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D. Gray Man

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fantasy Books

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Erin
Bookman Helper
Erin

Female Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Character sheet
Name: Erin Hall
Level: 2

Fantasy Books Empty
PostSubject: Fantasy Books   Fantasy Books Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jul 2008, 21:14

Yeah. You ask me what the heeeeepp this is. And I ask the same. xD

Well, here we can discuss differend fantasybooks. Give tip of good ones, say wich one that's horrible and so on. =W=
Back to top Go down
mariahmerry
Admin
mariahmerry

Female Number of posts : 874
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Fantasy Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Books   Fantasy Books Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jul 2008, 21:17

Well... I've read this one book, the only one I remember ever reading in this category, and it was called The Adventures of Bilbo Begins. Yep! The same one from the movie The Lord of the Rings, only that this is when he actually finds the ring. The second volume is indeed The Adventures of Frodo Begins. That was like fife years ago and I barely remember anything... Except how the house was described XD
Back to top Go down
https://dgrayman.rpg-board.net
Erin
Bookman Helper
Erin

Character sheet

Fantasy Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Books   Fantasy Books Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jul 2008, 21:28

LoL! XD You remember anything but the house? What does it look like then?! XDD

I'm just reading a book. I don't know what the series is called, but the first one is called "The wodden sword and the Diamond sword I" Or "The sword of Wood and the sword of Diamond I"

don't know how to translate it though... But it's very well 8D. And it had necromancy!
Back to top Go down
mariahmerry
Admin
mariahmerry

Female Number of posts : 874

Fantasy Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Books   Fantasy Books Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jul 2008, 21:43

You want me to describe the house? Okay. It is big enough for a hobit to live in, nut each time Gandalf would enter, he would have to bent down. The house was a present from his father to his mother, built by him, and it was, and still is, the most beautiful and rich house (hole) in the whole town. HA! and that's it XD
Back to top Go down
https://dgrayman.rpg-board.net
Erin
Bookman Helper
Erin

Character sheet

Fantasy Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Books   Fantasy Books Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jul 2008, 21:52

HAHA XDD

Poor hole. I think someone would turn around in his grave if said person exsisted xD
Back to top Go down
NamelesS
Admin
NamelesS

Female Number of posts : 582

Character sheet
Name: Yoshina Kuchiha
Level: 1

Fantasy Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Books   Fantasy Books Icon_minitimeMon 04 Aug 2008, 20:48

Ugh, can anyone recommend me a nice fantasy book which main character isn't a complete loser in the beginning and all the female AND male characters fawn over him? I'm sick of such...
Back to top Go down
https://dgrayman.rpg-board.net/profile.forum?mode=editprofile
Erin
Bookman Helper
Erin

Character sheet

Fantasy Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Books   Fantasy Books Icon_minitimeMon 04 Aug 2008, 20:57

Hmm... XD I don't know many natinal titles, but I read a book, translated to english titled; The wodden sword and the diamond sword.

I am on the second one. And believe me, there is alot of main characters actually (most males I think... xD) And. Uhm. XD It's kinda... Voilent at times. If you can't stand rape (it have happened once xD;) Blood, or change of scenes, then I suppose it's not a good one. but I like the book <3.

There is also another one called "Artemis Fowl". It is about a male (yes. Female name. But he is a male xD)

So.

Not a complete loser int he beginning; If being loser means being smarter then everyone; then check.
All females; Uh. No xD. Not many females here. So check.
Male characters fall for him; Yay! Yaoi! Uhm. No xD Not really.

Well. It is about an overintelligent little teen called Artemis. He have got facinated by creatures under the surface; creatures that we no longer think exsist but in fairytales. And he don't want to find them to be the hero of the day. Uh uh. He wants their gold. =w= So he is a villan. Fufufu.

Hmm... oAo... I don't remember many for the time being xD Can try to remember more lateh 8D
Back to top Go down
NamelesS
Admin
NamelesS

Female Number of posts : 582

Character sheet
Name: Yoshina Kuchiha

Fantasy Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Books   Fantasy Books Icon_minitimeMon 04 Aug 2008, 22:31

Lolz, thanks, Erin-chan, I appreciate your help! Btw, I can recommend you 'Song of Ice and Fire', it's... awesome. If you have time, you can read it, cuz there are four parts and a fifth one is supposed to come out (about two years ago... >.> the author postpones it ...).
Back to top Go down
https://dgrayman.rpg-board.net/profile.forum?mode=editprofile
Democrazy
Finder
Democrazy

Male Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Character sheet
Name: Takeshi Kurotsuki

Fantasy Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Books   Fantasy Books Icon_minitimeWed 06 Aug 2008, 04:39

I'd recommend the Sapphire Crescent, by Thomas M. Reid. Very gripping plot, and it is the first of a trilogy called Scions of Arrabar. The books that follow it are the Ruby Guardian and the Emerald Scepter. The last two books contains scenes of nudity, fyi. But there are no illustrations beyond the book covers.

In the same franchise as the Sapphire Crescent, I also recommend Homeland, by R.A. Salvatore (my favorite fantasy author). The main character of Homeland, Drizzt Do'Urden, is one of the most well recognized fantasy figures today, which is really something.
Back to top Go down
http://ancientradiance.b1.jcink.com/index.php
Erin
Bookman Helper
Erin

Character sheet

Fantasy Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Books   Fantasy Books Icon_minitimeFri 08 Aug 2008, 18:10

@Nameless; No worries XD and thank yah!

@Democrazy: wow o___o; I don't think I have seen any of those... YUSH! xD The big library/maze one next.

Thanks for everything, when I have finished this book; I certainly knows wich one I should read soon! >w<
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fantasy Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Books   Fantasy Books Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Books
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
D. Gray Man :: Free Zone :: Books and Films-
Jump to: